[admin] Trouble with Trac

Gregory Martin Pfeil sellout42 at mac.com
Sat Jun 10 16:01:08 UTC 2006

(had this sitting in "Drafts" for a while)

On 6 Jun 2006, at 6:26, Erik Enge wrote:

> On 6/5/06, Greg Pfeil <sellout42 at mac.com> wrote:
>> - - is there global darcs support in the trac installation (I'm
>> guessing no),
>
> Correct, no.  Not for CVS either.  :-/
>
>> - - are there any examples of people setting up trac on clnet to use
>> darcs,
>
> Not to my knowledge.  If you find a plugin (see trac-hacks.org, IIRC)
> let me know and I'll install it for you.

Well, there is one for darcs (http://progetti.arstecnica.it/trac
+darcs/wiki/DarcsPlugin) but it requires trac 0.10, which isn't
released yet. I'll bug you about it again when that happens ;)

>> - - why don't I see a 'New Ticket' button on the trac page, and
>
> You must be logged in.  We turned it off for anonymous as we were
> being spammed.  You can turn it back on using trac-admin if you're ok
> with the spam.

Off for anonymous is fine (although, how easy is it to register a new
account?), however I'm 'logged in as gpfeil' and still don't see a
'New Ticket' button on any project.

>> - - why doesn't the info from trac-info.txt allow me to log into
>> trac?
>
> Seems I have to HUP the daemon.  Dissappointing, but now that I've
> done that you should be ok.

Yep, I'm in now. Thanks.