[admin] Project for miscellaneous extensions?

Scott L. Burson Scott at sympoiesis.com
Sat Dec 16 22:16:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a couple of small language extensions I would like to publish
on your site.  (One extends the behavior of LET to make it more
convenient to use multiple values; the other is a simple, extensible
iteration macro (yes, another one)).  But before I ask you to set up
a project for me, let me ask: do you know of an existing project I
could simply add this code to?

If one doesn't already exist, then I think we should start a project
named (perhaps) "cl-extensions", intended to serve as a catch-all for
small extensions of this kind.  Anyone would be invited to add their
favorites, the only restrictions being:

() each extension must live in its own package

() merely loading the extension must not alter the behavior of Common
Lisp

Please let me know whether you think this is a good idea.

-- Scott

P.S. Thanks for creating Common-Lisp.Net!  I am excited to see it
growing!