[admin] hosting request

Steven An stevenan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 04:05:15 UTC 2005

My Full name: Steven Shi An

description of project: A richly featured raytracer written in mostly (if
not completely) in Common LISP. It's mainly meant to be an example of a well
optimized LISP project. I would also like for it to be a well-written
raytracer with lots of advanced features, that hopefully others can use to
learn (about raytracing and about optimizing LISP) and extend upon. Here's
an example render from it:
http://inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~stevenan/14.jpgRight now it's slow and
modestly featured, so I am enlisting help from
others to improve it. I know GRT was another raytracer in LISP, but that
project seems to have been abandoned. I'm using none of their code (I didn't
know about it until later) - starting afresh.

No other members yet, so far it's just me. But, I am talking to two others
who have expressed interest.

Name of project: Spray (for liSPRAYtracer)

Under GPL license.

Thanks!

--Steven An