[admin] CVS Wipe for Cells

Mario S. Mommer mmommer at common-lisp.net
Thu May 5 09:31:54 UTC 2005

Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com> writes:
> I have created quite a mess in the Cells project CVS tree over the
> years. I have worked out how to delete directories below a module, but
> unless I am mistaken there is no way to delete a module.

There's always rm -rf :-)

> Any thoughts as to what my options might be? Is there a Doomsday
> wipeout option? Is there some way youse guys have to nail a module? If
> not I will just populate each vestigial module with a simple
> read-me.txt redirecting folks to where they should look.

You can edit the repository directly and remove modules. Just log on
to the box (using some ssh client), change to the cvsroot directory

cd /project/cells/cvsroot

, type

ls

, and you will see the list of modules. To remove module foo, just do

rm -rf foo

and that's about it. Cue in rant about user interfaces.

Note, however, that the module will be gone for real :-)

Regards,
        Mario.