[admin] Hosting

Matthias Goergens mgoerg at siemens.sn.uni-magdeburg.de
Thu Mar 17 23:24:59 UTC 2005

Hello Mario,

thanks for your message.  It's amazing how fast computers get older.  I guess in comparision with your Pentium II the computer I get to use at home could be considered fast, weren't it for that crappy OS they can't be persuaded to change.  Maybe a second hard drive is sufficent.  Your hint is good:  Just looking in the newspaper might be the right way to get some hardware that's old enough to give away but still good enough for me.

Do you have a job coding Lisp?  Was it easy to find?  Do you think there a chance to get one in a few years -- short of founding a startup?

Matthias

"The evolutionary environment in which we live will ultimately end in heat death for us all, although few use this to predict stock market prices - even in the long run."
--- Scott E. Page