[admin] Hosting

Matthias Goergens mgoerg at siemens.sn.uni-magdeburg.de
Tue Mar 15 00:26:24 UTC 2005

Dear Mario,

you're website says, that you may host free common lisp projects.  That's a laudable service to the community.  I am not so ambitious to have a project, yet.  But I maybe you could be so kind and grant me shell account with access to emacs and CL.  Thank you.

I just finished school and do not own a computer, though I have frequent access to terminals e.g. in the local library and my parents' old win98 box with aol dial-up.  Bare Clisp runs even on their backward system, but you would make me very happy with access to a a real computer and a CL with some useful libraries installed.  I have a fairly mathematical background and am fascinated with the theoretical issues of computer science like the dreaded y-combinator, on the other side I would like to toy around with some basic cgi scripts.  Maybe some of my ideas will actually turn out to be useful (fat chance) or at least interesting -- perhaps enought to turn it into a real project to host here.

I know there are organizations that offer freeshells.  But I did not found any with a decent lisp.  Would you please help me out?  Thank you.

Matthias
P.S.  The web-site suggests, that you, Mario, would understand German as well, but I did not want to take the gamble too far, that you, the person reading this mail, are in fact Mario Mommer.  In any case, please pardon my limited English.