[admin] running stuff on the cl.net machine

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Sun May 2 17:27:56 UTC 2004

1) i have a script which builds up daily tarballs of ucw, currently
   this runs on my laptop everynight a midnight. i'd be a lot more
   realiable (i'm not always connected) if it ran directly on the
   cl.net machine. would there be any problems with running this as a
   cron job? the overhead would be minimal (copy, tar then bzip about
   3 MB of text files).

2) i'd like to, eventually, run an instance of ucw so that people
   could play with it without having to install it. this would
   probably be easiest if it ran behind it's own copy of apache with
   mod_lisp installed. however, this could, potentially, use up a good
   bit of cpu (ucw isn't exactly optimized yet).

anyway, feel free to simply ignore both of these requests for any
reason. they'd make my life easier, but neither is a show stopper.
--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.