[admin] Arch

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Tue May 4 17:39:39 UTC 2004

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> Eventually we hope to compile (or get someone to do it) a short arch
> howto for common-lisp.net, but one does not yet exist.

[draft - this is based on my experience, comments from ubf, encline
and clotnet developers would be nice]

[note: this is written in the second person, probably not the best
idea]

How to setup an arch repository for a project hosted on
common-lisp.net:

Short Version:

$ tla make-archive --listing \
      'PROJECT-NAME at common-lisp.net--YEAR' \
      'sftp://LOGIN@common-lisp.net/project/PROJECT-NAME/public_html/PROJECT-NAME@common-lisp.net--YEAR'

Long Version:

The first thing you'll need is to decide the name of the archive and
where, on the cl.net machine's file system, to put the archive. For
simplicity we'll assume you'll follow the
PROJECT-NAME at common-lisp.net--YEAR convention. Since we want this
archive to be accessible via http it must be located in the
public_html directory or your project. Arch's http access mechanism
does not allow writes to the archive, so developers will access the
archive via sftp. The command to create this archive is:

$ tla make-archive --listing \
      'PROJECT-NAME at common-lisp.net--YEAR' \
      'sftp://LOGIN@common-lisp.net/project/PROJECT-NAME/public_html/PROJECT-NAME@common-lisp.net--YEAR'

Anyone who wants anonymous (read-only) access to the archive will
need to do:

$ tla register-archive \
      'PROJECT-NAME at common-lisp.net--YEAR' \
      'http://www.common-lisp.net/project/PROJECT-NAME/PROJECT-NAME@common-lisp.net--YEAR'

Other developers who want read/write access will need to do:

$ tla register-archive \
      'PROJECT-NAME at common-lisp.net--YEAR' \
      'sftp://LOGIN@common-lisp.net/project/PROJECT-NAME/public_html/PROJECT-NAME@common-lisp.net--YEAR'

Obviously they'll need to have ssh access to the cl.net machine.

The last thing you might consider doing is sending an email to
admin at common-lisp.net to get the archive added to ViewARCH.

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.