[admin] Re: [ann] [clotho-announce] Clotho repository problems

mikel evins mikel at evins.net
Wed Jun 9 15:28:38 UTC 2004

On Jun 9, 2004, at 8:23 AM, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Mikel Evins wrote:
>
>> Common-lisp.net seems to be fully-functioning again, but there are
>> problems with the Clotho project.
>
> Anything other then the problems mentioned below? Let us know -- there
> may
> be something we can do.

The natural thing to do is to check all the files in the Alpaca and
Hansa2 projects as well, but, frankly, I don't have time right now.
I'll get to them as soon as I can.

>> The downloadable copy of the Clotho 0.2 distribution package appears
>> to have been lost (if anyone has a pristine copy, please let me know).
>
> I'll see if I can find a backup. What file, and in what directory was
> this?

/project/clotho/ftp/Clotho0.2.dmg

>> In addition, the CVS repository sources may not be quite right; I have
>> been unable to make a good build.
>
> This sounds bad. Have you checked cvs diff against an older tree? We
> didn't find any indication that the intruder had gained root or write
> privileges to any repositories, but... Trojaned sources are a thing to
> fear.

I don't want to say more than I know. The question is complicated by
the fact that Paul has altered the sources since the 0.2 release, and I
am now using a different version of OpenMCL. Yes, the way to figure out
the effect of all these variables is obvious, but again, I don't have
time right now. I'll get to it as soon as I'm able (probably I'll
accomplish at least part of it later tonight).

Thanks for the concern and help.

--me