[admin] Re: Your common-lisp.net account

Pierre R. Mai pmai at pmsf.de
Wed Jun 16 15:58:53 UTC 2004

Nikodemus Siivola said:
> You're receiving this email because your common-lisp.net home directory
> has no .ssh/authorized_keys or pubkey.asc.

Hello,

I sadly overlooked Erik Enge's mail back in March when the changeover of
the CVS repository from cmucl.org to common-lisp.net took place, which
would explain the missing keys...

> This leaves is a bit of a conundrum, as we have no secure means to get you
> your new password.

Understandably...

> We're trying to establish a web of trust to you, but that may take some
> time. You can speed this up by having your public key signed by other
> people and having them upload the signed key to keyservers.

While the following key is available on keyservers, it is only self-signed:

pub  1024D/48B7D3A8 2000-02-06 Pierre R. Mai
     Key fingerprint = 0993 DDC9 3152 8D16 0466  0980 0477 C356 48B7 D3A8
     uid                            Pierre R. Mai
     sub  1024g/16704CCF 2000-02-06

(see also http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/)

One possibility of verifying the correctness of my ssh public key would be
if Martin Cracauer or another already known CMUCL developer with access to
my public key at the old cons.org server were to submit this key to you
via cryptographically secure channels.

If that should not be workable, it might be necessary to find an
alternative approach...

> If you need urgent access or getting a web of trust turns out problematic,
> please send email to admin at common-lisp.net.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
>
>  -- Nikodemus Siivola, common-lisp.net

Regs, Pierre.

--
Pierre R. Mai <pmai at acm.org>                    http://www.pmsf.de/pmai/
 We cause accidents.                           -- Nathaniel Borenstein