[admin] Project hosting request

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Apr 10 08:45:15 UTC 2004

jtdubs at ncsu.edu writes:
> > Justin Dubs <jtdubs at eos.ncsu.edu> writes:
> >> I have an ASDF system called cl-lambda-shorthand that I was wondering
> >> if you would be interested in hosting.  It was developed by myself,
> >> Justin Dubs, and is under the MIT license.
> >
> > Well - the real question is if you think this merits a project of its
> > own :-)
>
> I really don't know if it merits being it's own project.  I find it to be
> useful on occasion, and I thought it was possible that others might as
> well.  I can host it myself, starting in a few months, if you guys don't
> want it.

Before we stray into a misunderstanding: you asked if we wanted to
host it, and I replied, do you want us to host it? If you want us to
host it, we will host it. It is your decision - sorry if this sounds
like splitting hairs, but clear communication and statement of intent
is important.

The comment on whether it merits its own project was not us rejecting
it, but essentially brainstorming on the status and size of the
project. Again, my criticisms are mine, and not any "official"
position.

[...]
> I hope that makes things more clear.

Indeed.

> As to whether or not you guys want to host it and where you want to
> host it, it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.  Let
> me know what you think the right thing to do it, and I'll go with
> it.

If it doesn't matter to you, why should we host it? We do not collect
software, we provide hosting.

Regards,
        Mario.