[admin] Project hosting request

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Fri Apr 9 12:40:01 UTC 2004

Justin Dubs <jtdubs at eos.ncsu.edu> writes:
> I have an ASDF system called cl-lambda-shorthand that I was wondering
> if you would be interested in hosting.  It was developed by myself,
> Justin Dubs, and is under the MIT license.

Well - the real question is if you think this merits a project of its
own :-)

Erik, Nikodemus, what do you think?

I sometimes wonder if we should create an "extensions" umbrella
project for this kind of thing.

In any case, if you think that this merits a project of its own, I do
not see any major (nor minor) problem.

Now, completely unrelated to that issue:

> Basically, it provides a shorthand for anonymous functions by making
> use of the #L dispatching macro character.  This way you can say:
>
> (mapcar #L(+ 1) '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))
> => (6 8 10)

Well. What happens with

  (mapcar #L(- 1) '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))

or

  (mapcar #L(/ 2) '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))

?

> or
>
> (mapcar #L(+ _ (* 2 _)) '(1 2 3) '(4 5 6))
> => (9 12 15)

So the first _ is the first variable, and the second one the second?
To be honest, this does not seem to me to be such a good idea.

Regards,
        Mario.