[Admin] hosting the UBF-in-CL project

Erik Enge erik at nittin.net
Fri Sep 12 19:01:23 UTC 2003

Miles Egan <miles at caddr.com> writes:

> I also strongly dislike the rfcXXX convention. Why not use something
> like "mime" or "mime-headers".  The python module used to be called
> rfc822 but now it's "email".

I personally don't like "email" because it's too general and specific a
name for that package at the same time, but anyway; what should I call
my RFC 2822 implementation?  I guess I could go with the title:
"Internet Message Format".  Too long for my carpal tunnel but some good
nicknames might solve that.

I like rfc2822 because it is very specific and, to me at least,
unambiguous.  If I saw "Internet Message Format" I might think "is that
an implementation of rfc2822 or is there some other format out there
that I don't know about".

This discussion creeps up every now and then and I suggest this time we
finish it and document our decision and see if we can't convince the
rest of the CL world to adopt our policy too (yeah, right).

I'm easy: I'll go with the popular vote.

Erik.