[admin] Re: [Clump] Re: Rebel With A Cause

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Fri Oct 31 23:07:17 UTC 2003

>   1) author sends article to admin at common-lisp.net

Alternatively we could appoint someone of Impeccable Taste and Moral
Chracter as an editor(s), and let the submissions go on
editor at common-lisp.net.

No need for us to take all the heat. ;)

>   2) it is "approved" (just to make sure we don't turn into a
>   free-for-all) by the same guys/gals approving projects
>
>   3) author gets CVS write privileges to a CVS article module and
>   commits the article.  from then on he/she can work on the article
>   directly in common-lisp.net CVS

This I sort of disagree with. I think articles would be better written
in privacy, and published as they stand. Putting them on cl.net cvs is
liable to encourage retroactive editing, which I personally dislike.

>   4) author, when comfertable with quality of article, runs
>   ./publish-article <my-article> and araneida+SBCL takes care of things
>   from then on
>
> Sounds good?  Can you think of a better way of doing it?

I think I'd prefer just getting article submissions, and then dealing
with them. But I'm not very religious about this issue.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus