[admin] Re: [Clump] Re: Rebel With A Cause

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Fri Oct 31 23:04:22 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:

> On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 05:29:39PM -0500, Erik Enge wrote:
>
>> Absolutely!  How about http://common-lisp.net/article/ and a nice index
>> of articles+authors there?  Like Eric Marsden pointed out on IRC the
>
> Sounds perfect!

How should we do this to make it most convenient for authors to submit
their articles?  How about:

  1) author sends article to admin at common-lisp.net

  2) it is "approved" (just to make sure we don't turn into a
  free-for-all) by the same guys/gals approving projects

  3) author gets CVS write privileges to a CVS article module and
  commits the article.  from then on he/she can work on the article
  directly in common-lisp.net CVS

  4) author, when comfertable with quality of article, runs
  ./publish-article <my-article> and araneida+SBCL takes care of things
  from then on

Sounds good?  Can you think of a better way of doing it?

Let me know, I'm ready to set everything up this weekend and we can be
ready to start accepting articles Monday.  Someone creative (*caugh*
Miles *caugh*;-) could perhaps make a nice CSS sheet for us (personally,
I like the layout Sven used)?

Erik.