[admin] Common-lisp.net http down

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon Oct 27 22:01:43 UTC 2003

On Mon, Oct 27, 2003 at 08:47:45AM -0500, Erik Enge wrote:

> I seriously doubt that but what did you do?  Just uploaded new files?
> Shouldn't make apache stop responding.

That's what I though...

> whereas clo is the root).  It takes fifteen minutes before the changes
> are propagated.  Is that a real problem?

No, no proble.

Just that one suspicion I had was that maybe apache tried to serve a
page that was incomplete (being copied), and Something Bad (TM)
happened... sounds rather unlikely, though.

What about making hard links to files in clo/public_html, and adding missing
hard links every fifteen minutes? Has the added benefit form protecting
the pages from accidental deletion.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus