[admin] what to do with uncommon web?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Nov 23 14:48:18 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 03:45:08PM +0100, Marco Baringer wrote:

> Project Name: UnCommon Web (UCW)
> Maintainer: Marco Baringer
> License: BSD

I approve.

 -

Personally I think that separate projects can/should be so also on the
admistrative level. From my own experience the overhead is neglible,
provided that there is a reasonable infra in place.

 -

OTOH, I'm been wondering if it might make sense to have a "scratch" or
"misc" project on Common-lisp.net as well, where all developers would
be made members automatically: to provide a communal playground for
experiments and snippets that might eventually mature into separate
projects.

Just a thought.

In retrospect hyperdoc (for example) could probably have lived (and
still live for a while) in scratch.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus