[admin] Cello, too?

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Sat Nov 8 16:09:12 UTC 2003

Quoting Kenny Tilton <ktilton at nyc.rr.com>:

> One project, then? :)

You're probably right that "oh, sorry, that would be a Cells
question"-situations would arrise, so I'm with you, one project
until you've got enough userbase that there is a problem of
having just one project.

That aside, you say that having this opened up like this will
only continue as long as people use/support it and that hadn't
it been for that fact, having it open would've been to much
work.  For me, having my projects on common-lisp.net where they
are backed up, on high-quality SCSI harddrives, where I have
FTP/web/ViewCVS/CVS/AnonCVS/NNTP/Mailings support without having
to deal with any of that myself is far more convenient than
having my software on my home box where a) noone else can get
to it so I become the bottleneck and b) backups aren't that great.

I also use XEmacs with its CVS support so I wouldn't have notice
whether my code was on my local box or not in any case.  You really
want to check out http://www.cs.utk.edu/~england/ssh.html to make
sure you can do password-less operations on your CVS tree.

common-lisp.net is supposed to be of real value to CL developers
and the CL community.  If you can identify issues which make it a
hassle, I (and I'm sure the other guys) would be very greatful for
any advice you can give us so we can avoid those in the future.

Erik.