[admin] Cello, too?

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sat Nov 8 02:17:57 UTC 2003

On Fri, Nov 07, 2003 at 03:00:16PM -0500, Erik Enge wrote:

> In the interest of keeping our users happy, do you (Nikodemus) think we
> should go ahead and create the Cello project given that it's basically
> the same as Cells (with regards to license etc.) and given the fact that
> Mario approved Cells?

I suggested that Kenny apply for Cello separately mainly for
organizational clarity (and the hunch that there are plenty of people
who may be interested in one, but not the other). ;)

...but give Mario a day or two to respond, unless Cello is in urgent
need of CVS space?

(Kenny: If that is the case (danger of forking due to off-cvs parallel
development, etc), let Erik know so that he can create it. In that
case will worry about the administrivia later...)

There is actually room here for a devil's advocate argument:

 "Should Common-lisp.net host multiple projects with greatly overlapping
  objectives?"

For what it's worth, I think yes. Common-lisp.net should be a fertile
ground where most flowers can bloom.

Once we have MORE CODE we can start sorting the wheat from the chaff,
but even then Common-lisp.net isn't probably the place to do it.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus