[admin] Request for hosting of IRC project

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Mon Nov 3 13:13:54 UTC 2003

Mario Mommer <mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Yes, I approve too, although I would sugest to choose a different
> name, simply because 'irc' is already the name of Internet Relay
> Chat. How obout clirc or something like that?

I agree with that sentiment when we are dealing with trademarked names
but I don't think there would be any reason to do this in this instance.
Would you also name an SMTP library clsmtp, or an http library clhttp?

I'd prefer it to be 'irc' but if there are more people agreeing with
Mommer then I'm probably missing something and would be ok with a name
change.

Erik.