[admin] mailing lists for mod_lisp, cl-pdf and cl-typesetting

Erik Enge eenge at prium.net
Wed Dec 10 13:52:41 UTC 2003

"Marc Battyani" <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> writes:

> I received several suggestions to setup mailling lists for mod_lisp,
> cl-pdf and cl-typesetting.  Can I do this on common-lisp.net ?

I must admit to being a little hesitant to allow just mailinglists.
Perhaps if you tell me what your reasons for not going with our CVS
setup are I'm can fix whatever problems there might be.

What's nice about common-lisp.net and sourceforge etc. is how it's very
uniform in the way you locate a projects webpage, cvs, ftp, etc.  I
really want to try to hang on to this uniformity.

That said, if you start out with full projects but only use the
mailinglists and have a webpage that describes your projects briefly and
give links to where to find the files etc. I think I can go with that
because I'm willing to bet that when you do get contributors (I'm really
eager to take a look at cl-pdf once I have a few hours of spare time)
and they start sending patches you'll probably figure it's easier to use
the CVS trees at clnet and add them as members there instead of giving
out users/passwords on your own servers.

Ok, I approve, then.  I'll create the projects.  Can you send me your
GPG/PGP public key so I can encrypt your password when I send it to you?

Erik.