[admin] new project requests

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Sun Dec 7 20:55:45 UTC 2003

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:51:46PM -0500, Rahul Jain wrote:

While I approve of all these Def* projects, I can't help but wonder if
you're spreading yourself a bit thin...

>From the descriptions it sounds to me like all the projects are in the
Emacs-Mplayer size range individually. I do not mean this as a
criticism per-se, but just as an observation.

If you intend to share significant amount of code between these
projects it might be beneficial to start them under a single project,
and branch them off once they become bigger. Kind of like Marco
Baringger did/does with Bese and UnCommon Web.

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus