[admin] Minimal project page & number of mailing lists

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 1 22:12:22 UTC 2003

Mario Mommer <mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:
> Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
> > On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 09:06:37AM -0500, Erik Enge wrote:
> >
> > > Good point, we shouldn't let this slide.  I've notified the owners of
> > > the projects without webpages.  Hopefully they will comply shortly.
> >
> > I suggest that we require a paragraph's worth of description from new
> > projects -- something that will be automatically put on the project
> > index.html.
>
> I think we should provide an absolutely minimal page that people have
> to fill in before the project gets on the front page. I propose the
> attached one.

On a second thought, I do not think it is a very good sample. It lacks
the licence, for instance.

I would like to seize the oportunity to propose hosting for the
project "SAMPLE", a sample common-lisp.net project. I don't really
know what licence, if any, would be appropriate...

The idea is to have a simple template that other people can edit to
suit their needs. We would have a style file, a few empty directories,
and a litle readme with some minimal guidelines. Thoughts?

Regards,
        Mario.