[admin] Minimal project page & number of mailing lists

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Mon Dec 1 16:48:44 UTC 2003

Nikodemus Siivola <nikodemus at random-state.net> writes:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2003 at 09:06:37AM -0500, Erik Enge wrote:
>
> > Good point, we shouldn't let this slide.  I've notified the owners of
> > the projects without webpages.  Hopefully they will comply shortly.
>
> I suggest that we require a paragraph's worth of description from new
> projects -- something that will be automatically put on the project
> index.html.

I think we should provide an absolutely minimal page that people have
to fill in before the project gets on the front page. I propose the
attached one.

Another thing I was wondering about was if the current number of
default mailing lists isn't too high. I think that for most projects
two lists (-cvs and some equivalent of -devel plus -help) is
enough. One can always add more should the need be felt by anyone
involved. Thoughts?

Regards,
        Mario.