[Admin] Hosting request

Mario Mommer mommer at igpm.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 14 15:46:35 UTC 2003

nikodemus at random-state.net writes:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:24:32PM +0200, Mario Mommer wrote:
>
> > I wonder if the rule should be "if after 48h nobody objects, it is
> > accepted"?
>
> And have lispM2000-kool accepted because everybody is too busy to object?

:)

Good point.

> As an alternative, I'd suggest that for every request someone has to
> play devil's advocate and say why it should NOT be accepted. Then the
> others can either say "geez, don't be silly" or "hmm. there's a point
> there".

Well, I don't know. If there is nothing to be said, then nothing
should be said, IMO. How do the sourceforge/savannah people do this?

> Furthermore, I suppose we should have a terms of service somewhere
> that says that if they don't play nice we will kick them all the way
> to FORTRAN-land.

Again, how do sf/savannah do this? I bet you have to sign
electronically some contract with them, absolving them from any
responsability etc.

Should we seek legal advice?

Mario.