Numpy and Common Lisp?

Elliott Johnson elliott at elliottjohnson.net
Wed Apr 12 01:18:44 UTC 2023

Robert,I must say that I am a big fan of your work on asdf and in awe of your professional and academic career.I agree with your assessment that numpy and the entirety of NUMFocus would be well outside the scope of the current CL community.In an effort to conserve the momentum of this thread and channel the spirit of my time at Franz Inc, I'd like to emphasize that a lot can be accomplished by a small team with clear goals and roles.I hope that if a such project arises that I can be of assistance.Best regards,ElliottSent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
-------- Original message --------From: Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> Date: 4/11/23  1:07 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: Discussion list for Common Lisp professionals <pro at common-lisp.net> Subject: Re: Numpy and Common Lisp? I don't mean to rain on the parade, but the development and maintenance of numpy consumes a level of resources that is simply beyond the capacity of the CL community to muster.
The NUMFocus project, a non-profit, supports this and other numerical computation projects (most, but not exclusively python), drawing on substantial amounts of corporate sponsorship.
I urge you to cast your eyes on this NumFOCUS sponsors list before thinking that our community could even begin to tackle this task:  https://numfocus.org/sponsors