[zip-devel] SBCL: "BUFFER-OUTPUT-STREAM...has no suitable method for STREAM-WRITE-BYTE"

David Lichteblau david at lichteblau.com
Wed Apr 12 20:41:37 UTC 2006

Quoting Kevin Reid (kpreid at mac.com):
> Hoping for a simple fix, I did 'cvs update' in the zip directory. The
> resulting system had the same problem; apparently, the use of
> the :pathname option in zip.asd is, *if* the system has already been
> compiled, causing ASDF to attempt to use pathnames such as ".../zip/
> gray", with no :type, which do not exist. After adding the types in
> the ASD, the system compiles and loads normally.

Hmm, not sure I understand the failure mode but specifying the types
should not hurt, so I have committed that change.

> debugger invoked on a SIMPLE-ERROR:
>   The stream #<ZIP::BUFFER-OUTPUT-STREAM {11A2D159}> has no suitable
>   method for STREAM-WRITE-BYTE, and so has fallen through to this
>   method.  If

Fixed in CVS.

You mentioned on IRC that the fix gives a different error.  I suspect
that you might have an out-of-date version of trivial-gray-streams.  Can
you please try whether it works for you with current
trivial-gray-streams?

Once it works for you I will make the new zip release tarball.

Thanks,
David