[xuriella-devel] Xuriella vs Lispworks

Raymond Wiker rwiker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 19:22:25 UTC 2011

I'm mainly using Lispworks, and I've had a few problems getting Xuriella running. Looking at the xuriella-devel archives, I see that Frank Schorr reported this back in November 2009.

I have been able to get Xuriella to work by changing the order of clauses in the loop in xuriella::report-samples (as suggested by Frank), as well as a little bit of magic[1] that I haven't tried to figure out until now.

First of all: the loop clause in report-samples. My interpretation of the Hyperspec indicates that the order of clauses used in report-samples

(loop
  for base-uri being each hash-key
  using (hash-value id)
  in base-uris …

is non-conformant; the correct order should be something like

(loop
  for base-uri being each hash-key
  in base-uris
  using (hash-value id)

--- just like Frank suggested.

The two other issues that Frank reported are *probably* because he was running with lw:*default-character-element-type* set to 'base-char. Doing something like

(lw:set-default-character-element-type 'character) ;; or lw:simple-char

before trying to use xuriella (or cxml-stp) appears to do the necessary magic.

Footnotes:
[1] Possibly just sufficiently advanced technology.