[xuriella-devel] A few questions about include/import

rm at tuxteam.de rm at tuxteam.de
Mon Nov 15 12:25:04 UTC 2010

Hello List,

I'm trying to write a small XSLT tracing/debugging tool and stumbled
across some unclear spots.

 - there seem to bee two stacks *xsl-include-stack*  and
   *xsl-import-stack* whose only purpose seems to be cycle detection.
   But shouldn't the starting stylesheeet be on this stack as well?

 - The only way to trace import/inclusion seems to be to provide a
   custom uri-resolver, but such a function has no way to distinguish
   between being called from import or include. Is there a hidden way
   to detect this?

 - The API for uri-resolver  seems a bit limited. First I'd expect the
   function to be called with the uri as provided by include/import, but
   I do get a uri resolved relative to the stylesheet's  base uri.
   Second, wouldn't I be more useful to have a resolver that returns a
   stylesheet/pathname/rod instead of a uri? That would ease implementation
   of programatically constructed stylesheets or stylesheet caching.

TIA Ralf Mattes