[xcvb-devel] run-program unit test failures

Peter Keller psilord at cs.wisc.edu
Tue Apr 26 05:48:39 UTC 2011

Hello,

What is the intended usage of run-program/process-output-stream?

What kind of arguments do you give it and how do they relate to your
argument escape codes? Suppose unix, would these be valid programs:

'("cp" "foo" "bar")
'("echo" "foo bar")
'("cat" "/etc/passwd" "|" "grep" "root")
'("cat /etc/passwd | grep root")

What if I had a file named '|'?

'("cat" "|") ;; doesn't work.

how do I escape that? Must I write the escape by hand?

'("cat" "\|") ;; Like this?

So far, I think I've found some bad edge cases with
run-program/process-output-stream concerning special shell
characters. But, I need to know what you intend before reporting (or
fixing) the bugs or not.

Later,
-pete