[xcvb-devel] [alexandria-devel] XCVB patch for Alexandria

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 03:29:21 UTC 2009

2009/10/10 Attila Lendvai <attila.lendvai at gmail.com>:
> [i'm moving this discussion from alexandria-devel to xcvb-devel]
>
> ...if used by macros _in the same file_ (well, at least for 99% of
> current CL programmers)
>
> i'm slowly getting used to the idea of accepting these scattered
> eval-when's, but i'm sure you'll get into many questions from
> maintainers who will be reluctant to scatter the code with
> eval-when's.
>
> also, reading your readme and blog post on how eval-when needs to be
> used, i'd consider exporting an eval-always from xcvb.

XCVB is not really intended to be included in other software,
and so is not where such a macro belong.

I have an eval-now in fare-utils. Eval-always is probably a better name.
Should be exported from alexandria instead.

> finally, some suggestions for the relevant part of the readme that can
> be copy-pasted for reluctant maintainers: [...]
I tried to take your remarks these into consideration in the latest version.

> hth, and thanks for xcvb, looks more and more intersting!
Thanks a lot for the comments.

PS: XCVB .398, with fewer bugs and more features.

Rocky's Lemma of Innovation Prevention
	Unless the results are known in advance, funding agencies will
	reject the proposal.