[xcvb-devel] Next on the TODO list: multiple BUILDs, search paths, etc.

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Sat Dec 27 09:58:15 UTC 2008

On Dec 26, 2008, at 14:36 , Attila Lendvai wrote:

>> I'm not sure what you mean by "the functional way". Can you
>> elaborate?
>> Even produce a mock API?
>
> nothing fancy, just something that does not rely on symlinks on the
> filesystem or otherwise a strict directory structure, but instead runs
> something on the lisp side.

You want something like

MK:ADD-REGISTRY-LOCATION

A scanned can be built on top of this functionality.   And I agree
that symlinks are not to be trusted.  I got hit very very badly
recently when I moved a code stash from a SMB accessible Linux file
system to a Windows file system.

--
Marco Antoniotti