[web4r-devel] Elephant 1.0 and web4r

Tomo Matsumoto tomoyuki28jp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:49:01 UTC 2009

Hi mosi,

You are the first person who has posted a message here and I am glad
to see that :)

> One question:
> what are the chances of porting the source for Elephant 1.0 ?
> You seem to use 0.9, but the old version does not seem to work for me.

I am not quite sure what you mean by the question, but let me try to
answer that.

First of all, I have already written some codes to support elephant
v1.0. (In a branch named elephant-1.0.)
http://github.com/tomoyuki28jp/web4r/tree/elephant-1.0
(The branch was made long time ago, so I need to do some works to
merge it to the master branch. It shouldn't take so long though.)

The reason why I haven't merged it to the master is because of this
bug in elephant v1.0.
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/elephant-devel/2009-May/004851.html

Actually it's been fixed in the 1.0 trunk, but still not been merged
to the public release codes, so I am thinking when to really support
elephant 1.0.
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/elephant-devel/2009-June/004861.html

Therefore, the latest stable version of web4r (v0.2.5) only supports
elephant v0.9 as this web page says so. http://web4r.org/en/install

> You seem to use 0.9, but the old version does not seem to work for me.

You mean your web4r doesn't with elephant v0.9?
If so, please let me know error messages you got and which softwares
you are using (including their versions.)
(On my machine, SBCL 1.0.18 + Elephant v0.9 + BDB 4.5 + web4r v0.2.5
is working without any problem.)

Tomo