[vivace-graph-devel] elephant

Dan Lentz danlentz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:44:31 UTC 2011

I've been thinking about persistent index strategies, and have read through
the paper on fpb+trees, and have had a few thoughts.

The first and simplest is to make use of elephant.  Its not very exotic or
course but it would allow a model in which triples can be first class
objects, yet leverage a reasonably performant back end (bdb).  In addition,
the set-valued slots and association slots are nice abstractions on top of
which to build the rdf semantics (properties, extensions) on top of a real
clos mop.

I figured I'd shoot the idea onto the mailing list to get a feel for the
degree and nature of agreement/disagreement.