usocket-0.7.0 released

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 21:32:20 UTC 2016

> Il giorno 25/ott/2016, alle ore 23:22, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> ha scritto:
>
> Congrats!

Thanks!

> 26.10.2016, 00:20, "Chun Tian (binghe)" <binghe.lisp at gmail.com>:
>> Separated USOCKET and USOCKET-SERVER systems (only the server part depends on Portable-threads)
>
> Does it mean some public function which were previously present in the USOCKET system now are unavailable until you load USOCKE-SERVER?

That’s true, but actually only the following three API symbols are not present if you don’t load USOCKET-SERVER system:

* The function USOCKET:SOCKET-SERVER (together with all underlying internal helper functions in server.lisp)
* The special variable USOCKET:*REMOTE-HOST*
* The special variable USOCKET:*REMOTE-PORT*

And of course the Portable-threads package won’t be loaded too.   Noticed that SOCKET-SERVER is just a quick way to create trivial TCP and UDP servers.  Serious users can still create their own TCP or UDP server using just the USOCKET package.   I think almost all Quicklisp packages which depends on usocket are not affected by this change.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)