status of openmcl and :ccl-1.11-sockets feature

Mark H. David mhd at clozure.com
Thu Apr 16 00:02:10 UTC 2015

Ok fine, seems to work.

How about Quicklisp? Quicklisp uses the same version of usocket as
what's linked to on the "CLiki" (http://cliki.net/USOCKET), version
0.6.1, released July 20 (or 21), 2013. Could there be a release soon? We
strongly prefer to use quicklisp's dist, and we need this new socket
functionality for running on CCL trunk.

Thanks,

Mark

On Apr 15, 2015, at 5:08 AM, Stas Boukarev <stassats at gmail.com> wrote:

> CL does guarantee it. Each form is read one by one. And eval-when
> causes evaluation. If that didn't work, how do you imagine IN-PACKAGE
> would work?
>
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 4:16 AM, Mark H. David
> <mhd at clozure.com> wrote:
>> I see there's code to add feature :ccl-1.11-sockets and to use it via
>> a read-time feature check in the same file. The file is
>> backend/openmcl.lisp. I don't think this can work reliably. It seems
>> to work, but I don't think Common Lisp guarantees it.

The code is

(when (find-class 'ccl::ip6-socket-address nil)

(pushnew :ccl-1.11-sockets *features*)))

I think a much more robust solution would be for this to go in an
earlier file that is guaranteed to be loaded before backend/openmcl.lisp
is compiled.

Can one of the developers review this?

Also, any word on when this will propagate to Quicklisp?

Thanks,

Mark