status of openmcl and :ccl-1.11-sockets feature

Mark H. David mhd at clozure.com
Wed Apr 15 01:16:42 UTC 2015

I see there's code to add feature :ccl-1.11-sockets and to use it via a read-time feature check in the same file. The file is backend/openmcl.lisp.  I don't think this can work reliably.  It seems to work, but I don't think Common Lisp guarantees it.

The code is

  (when (find-class 'ccl::ip6-socket-address nil)
    (pushnew :ccl-1.11-sockets *features*)))

I think a much more robust solution would be for this to go in an earlier file that is guaranteed to be loaded before backend/openmcl.lisp is compiled.

Can one of the developers review this?

Also, any word on when this will propagate to Quicklisp?

Thanks,

Mark