[usocket-devel] [ANNOUNCE] usocket 0.6.1

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 04:42:29 UTC 2013

Dear Lispers,

I'm glad to announce the usocket 0.6.1 release.

Changes in this release:

* New feature: [MOCL] Initial MOCL [1] support (TCP only, no W-F-I, patch from github.com/Wukix/usocket).
* New feature: [MCL] Initial UDP support for Macintosh Common Lisp (MCL/RMCL).
* New feature: Added TCP-NO-DELAY (TCP_NODELAY) support in SOCKET-OPTION, for TCP client
* Bugfix: [CCL] Added (:external-format ccl:*default-external-format*) to SOCKET-CONNECT, to prevent it fallback to ISO-8859-1 on NIL. (Patch from Vsevolod Dyomkin)
* Bugfix: [CCL] Performance improved WAIT-FOR-INPUT and other fixes. (patch from Faré <fahree at gmail.com>)

For the new API SOCKET-OPTION (since 0.6.0), now we support following options: (however, now all backends are fully covered)

* (0.6.0) RECEIVE-TIMEOUT (SO_RCVTIMEO)
* (0.6.0) REUSE-ADDRESS (SO_REUSEADDR), for TCP server
* (0.6.0) BROADCAST (SO_BROADCAST), for UDP client
* (0.6.1) TCP-NO-DELAY (TCP_NODELAY) for TCP client

As usual, if you want to download this release, please check

	http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/releases/

or just wait for next Quicklisp monthly dist updates.

The API documentation page was here (but I haven't updated it for SOCKET-OPTION yet ...):

	http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/api-docs.shtml

As usual, any feedback - bugs or hugs - is greatly appreciated.

P. S. Something currently still in progress:

* New feature: Some advanced TCP features for CLISP (not supported by its exist interface)
* New feature: SOCKET-SHUTDOWN
* New feature: IPv6 support
* Bugfix: improved test suites.

Regards,