[usocket-devel] Add (socket-option ... :tcp-no-delay) for stream-usocket?

Jan Moringen jmoringe at techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Feb 13 14:35:36 UTC 2013

Hi,

I like the new socket-option functions and I think methods

        socket-option (stream-usocket (eql :tcp-no-delay))
        (setf socket-option) (t stream-usocket (eql :tcp-no-delay))

should be added.

This addition would enable stream sockets obtained from socket-accept to
operate with TCP_NODELAY. As far as I can see, this is currently not
possible without unportable code like

        (setf (sb-bsd-sockets::sockopt-tcp-nodelay (usocket::socket s)) t)

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Jan