[usocket-devel] A IOlib backend of USOCKET?

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 13:01:17 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm thinking of writing a IOlib backend for USOCKET.  There's no doubt that IOlib is a better choice of CL networking library for people whom love (or at lest not hate) loading CFFI, C-based DLLs and lots of third party packages into their CL platforms.  And, IOlib's io.multiplex package is also a better way to do "select" on multiple sockets.

In my idea, there will be a new "usocket-iolib.asd" system, which depends on IOlib's networking part, and will load USOCKET core plus a special backend for IOlib. This backend just assume IOlib is a new platform, and use IOlib's networking API to implement all USOCKET API.

Will this idea be helpful for any USOCKET user?

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)