[usocket-devel] Determining the local host address from wildcard host

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 06:44:10 UTC 2010

Elliott,

to my knowledge, usocket does not provide an API to get a list of all
network interfaces, which is what you need to do if you want to know
the local IP address(es).

One quick workaround is to invoke ifconfig and parse the output.  I
know that this is not a very satisfying or portable approach, but it
is quick.

-Hans