[usocket-devel] Ask for test: WAIT-FOR-INPUT support for SBCL/win32

Elliott Slaughter elliottslaughter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 05:08:36 UTC 2010

After fixing a completely unrelated bug in a different library, I am able to
confirm that wait-for-input works on my
test-broadcast<http://bitbucket.org/elliottslaughter/test-broadcast>program
in Windows/SBCL.

Thanks, great work!

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 5:28 AM, Chun Tian (binghe)
<binghe.lisp at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, USOCKET users
>
> The long awaited WAIT-FOR-INPUT support for SBCL/win32 seems done on
> USOCKET trunk [1]. Both TCP and UDP usockets are supported in theory.
>
> This work depends on Winsock2 functions "WSAWaitForMultipleEvents" and
> "WSAEventSelect", which is exported by SB-ALIEN interfaces based on exist
> work of SB-BSD-SOCKETS. No additional C library or system DLLs are needed.
>
> Please test your usocket applications if they depend on USOCKET, see if
> they can also run on SBCL/win32.
>
> Let me know there's any issue left. Your help will definitely make USOCKET
> project better and faster to release next version.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chun Tian (binghe)
>
> [1] svn://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/svn/usocket/trunk

Elliott Slaughter

"Don't worry about what anybody else is going to do. The best way to predict
the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay