[usocket-devel] patches for usocket mcl backend and tests

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 03:00:26 UTC 2010

> On 2010-01-04, at 08:52 , Chun Tian (binghe) wrote:
>
>> Hi, James
>>
>> Thanks, most of your patch has been committed.
>
> that's nice. from what i can see, there's still (at least) one
> function missing: something to get the local ip number. mcl calls it
> local-interface-ip-nuumber, clozure has a list of ip interface
> descriptors from which one could choose (see ccl::%get-ip-interfaces).

I doubt this function is hard to implement in other CLs if we add it as a new USOCKET API function ...

It's sometimes useful, but in most cases, I think user code is safe to listen to 0.0.0.0 instead of the exact address on local interface. As a portable networking package, you can't expect everything is perfect:)

--binghe