[usocket-devel] patches for usocket mcl backend and tests

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Mon Jan 4 10:45:02 UTC 2010

On 2010-01-04, at 08:52 , Chun Tian (binghe) wrote:

> Hi, James
>
> Thanks, most of your patch has been committed.

that's nice. from what i can see, there's still (at least) one
function missing: something to get the local ip number. mcl calls it
local-interface-ip-nuumber, clozure has a list of ip interface
descriptors from which one could choose (see ccl::%get-ip-interfaces).

> The only left part is the "fully qualified system name". Why it
> works? Which version of ASDF support that?

i wasn't expecting they would work elsewhere. i do things that way
since, at this point there are over 200 .asd definitions in my source
tree and it's not sensible to track each with it's own entry in some
registry. in order to avoid that, i implemented a hierarchical search
function and add it to the asdf system search functions. i sent gary
king a version of it a while ago, but he didn't think it worth while,
so i just make local changes. i read lately, that they're now
considering something similar, so i may try again.