[usocket-devel] UDP receive timeout parameter (LispWorks)

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 06:30:58 UTC 2010

Hi, there

So, you want to override the default read time (when creating the usocket) sometime when you're calling SOCKET-RECEIVE. OK, extra keyword parameter is just for platform specific needs, you patch accepted as r571.

But if you take a look at my implementation of SOCKET-RECEIVE, you'll find the "temp" TIMEOUT keyword argument will be set into underlying socket by "setsockopt", and the previous default value will be set back when SOCKET-RECEIVE finishing it's work.  Due to such double costs, I think this feature should not be used to much.

In next USOCKET versions, I'll provide a SOCKET-OPTION generic function to be able to set most socket options (include RCVTIMEO) after sockets were created, I hope this could fit your needs better.

--binghe

在 2010-12-8,13:31, Kamil Shakirov 写道: