[usocket-devel] [Ecls-list] ECL problem

Chun Tian binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 18:50:13 UTC 2009

Hi, Juanjo

Thanks for taking my patch. I spent a little more time on checking
ECL's "contrib/sockets/sockets.lisp", and it seems that things are not
that serious as my first view. Only two buggy sockopt related
functions are found:

[Bug Description]

* GET-SOCKOPT-BOOL returns wrong value (always T or throw a error)

I've explained the reason (variable of actual value is dropped).

* SET-SOCKOPT-BOOL returns wrong value (always T or throw a error)

I believe this is a typo.

[Affected public interfaces]

SOCKOPT-REUSE-ADDRESS, SOCKOPT-KEEP-ALIVE, SOCKET-DONT-ROUTE, SOCKET-
LINGER, SOCKOPT-REUSE-PORT and SOCKOPT-TCP-NODELAY. (Package SB-BSD-
SOCKETS)

[Solution]

I've made a new, small patch (as in attach) to "sockets.lisp" which
fixed all above issues and now ECL behaves exactly the same as SBCL
when accessing above socket options:

 > (setq socket (make-instance 'sb-bsd-sockets:inet-
socket :type :stream :protocol :tcp))
#<SB-BSD-SOCKETS:INET-SOCKET descriptor 3 4320793344>
 > (sb-bsd-sockets::sockopt-tcp-nodelay socket)
NIL
 > (setf (sb-bsd-sockets::sockopt-tcp-nodelay socket) t)
 > (sb-bsd-sockets::sockopt-tcp-nodelay socket)

For the original bug which Leslie P. Polzer report to USOCKET project,
it's also fixed without touching USOCKET source code (if this new
patch applied), I believe.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)