[usocket-devel] [discuss] usocket direction

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 02:20:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm "disappeared" for several months from public CL community, because I'm hired by Gensym for improving their big lisp products. Now I'm partly back and still want to do contributions to usocket & other projects.

For usocket project, it's long since the last release. Before next release, I personal am thinking of following plans:

1) Finish the experimental-udp branch, by cleaning some code first (reliable UDP), then finish port on CLISP & ABCL, finally merged back to trunk.
2) Add support for MCL (Macintosh Common Lisp), because the new Rosetta based MCL is alive again to Mac Lispers.
3) Add some unit test code,

I'll start the first part above from not later then next month (Jan 2010), help from ABCL & CLISP users are welcome.

More ideas or suggestions are also welcome, especially notes from Erik & Hans.

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)