[usocket-devel] Compile failure on CLISP 2.46

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 17:49:54 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Leslie P. Polzer
<sky at viridian-project.de> wrote:

>> The reason it's not there yet is that I'm unaware of a good way to
>> detect which libc version is installed on a system. Or would it always
>> be libc.so.6?
>
> I suppose libc5 is outdated enough to forget about it
> and a libc7 is still far away. :)
>
> So the libc6 statement would work for 99% of UNIX users

Unix or Linux? What statement would we need on Solaris/ *BSD?

> whereas the current situation works for 0% of CLISP users.

Well, if it really didn't work, I wouldn't have included it in the
distribution. It's definitely working for me: Debian/Etch on x86. Are
any of you also using Debian yet experiencing problems?

If so, maybe we need to figure out the difference between our installations?

Bye,

Erik.