[usocket-devel] What if a usocket instance be garbage collected?

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 06:51:29 UTC 2008

Hi, usocket devel

If a usocket instance has been garbage collected (or just cannot refer
to it, i. e. lost it by set the variable to new value), does anyone
(either usocket or CL platform) will consider closing the correspond
socket fd automatically?

I know at least one CL platform, LispWorks, has some related API
(HCL:ADD-SPECIAL-FREE-ACTION) [1], and I want to use it in my UDP
applications. Just don't know if this will be a common feature to be
considered by usocket itself.

Any opinions?

--binghe

[1] http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/lw51/LWUG/html/lwuser-149.htm#pgfId-890008