[usocket-devel] Release 0.4.0

Chun Tian (binghe) binghe.lisp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 06:17:20 UTC 2008

Hi, Douglas

By reading SCL 1.3.8 documents, I saw the TIMEOUT keyword in
EXT:CONNECT-TO-INET-SOCKET, so I guess just use this keyword will be
OK to add support for TIMEOUT in USOCKET:SOCKET-CONNECT. more questions:

1. From which version of SCL, the TIMEOUT keyword be added? All SCL
version or there's some way we can detect whether TIMEOUT can be used?
(i.e *features*, fboundp, ...)

2. How to support DEADLINE in SCL? (I can find details from SCL doc)

3. What if we (usocket) don't split out DEADLINE from SOCKET-CONNECT
but add a new SET-SOCKET-OPTION to set the behavior of a already
created socket?

Regards,

Chun Tian (binghe)